- Got symptoms? Just click camc.org - Archived
What is the first thing you do when you're not feeling well, but aren't sure what your symptoms mean? If you're like the majority of Americans, you head to your computer or smartphone to research online. According to Pew Internet, 59 percent of U.S. adults who use the Internet have looked online for health information, with 35 percent researching information about a specific health condition.
To continue meeting the health and wellness needs of the region's residents, CAMC recently launched its new Health Information Center. It features thousands of articles on health topics, all regularly updated and reviewed by medical professionals.
The Health Information Center includes:
- Symptom checker for adult and pediatric patients, to help users evaluate symptoms and get condition information
- Adult and pediatric health libraries with information about diseases and conditions, diagnoses and treatments, procedures and wellness
- Reference sections including a drug interaction checker, vitamin and supplement information and alternative medicine resources
- Interactive wellness tools, such as risk assessments, calculators and quizzes, along with recipes and tips to maintain healthy lifestyles
- Multimedia room with videos, procedure animations and podcasts.
Many of the articles are also linked to webpages about CAMC's services and physicians who treat those specific conditions. The Health Information Center can be accessed online and is also available on camc.org's mobile site.