- ICD-10 transition: Forms evaluation - Archived
One of the first steps to ICD-10 implementation at CAMC is to evaluate the use of ICD-9 codes, diagnoses and procedures in current forms. CAMC uses ICD-9 codes in a variety of documents and systems, including but not limited to: authorizations/pre-certifications, physician orders, medical records, super bills/encounter forms, practice management and billing systems and coding manuals.
Departments have been asked to submit the following forms for evaluation:
1) Have procedure or diagnosis description
2) Anything with ICD-9 code listed on the form
3) Any form with the words ICD-9 on it
4) Any form you feel the team should review
The deadline for submitting forms is Oct. 1. Departments can either scan and email forms to email@example.com or send samples/copies by interdepartmental mail to Kathryn Reid, Health Information Management Document Center, Kanawha City.