- Did you know? - Archived
Special Recognitions and Awards
• CAMC was recognized as the only hospital in WV to receive the Healthgrades 2014 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ for outstanding clinical quality performance.
• CAMC was recognized by The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association with the Stroke Silver Quality Achievement Award for maintaining 85% on Stroke Performance Measures for 12 consecutive months.
• CAMC was the recipient of the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association's Target Stroke Honor Roll.
• CAMC Memorial Hospital was recognized by The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association with the Get With The Guidelines Resuscitation Bronze Quality Achievement Award.
• CAMC General Hospital received two additional years' verification as a level 1 trauma center from the American College of Surgeons.
• The CAMC Weight Loss Center is recognized as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
• The CAMC Breast Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
• CAMC was recognized by The Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE) with a "medal of honor" and received the WV "Governor's Award for Life" for increasing organ, tissue and cornea donations.
• CAMC was named a 2012/2013 Consumer Choice Award winner by the National Research Corporation.
• In 2013, the American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer recognized accredited programs that have maintained their accreditation for 65 to 69 consecutive years.
• West Virginia's largest medical center.
• Only kidney transplant center in WV.
• Level I (highest ranking) Trauma Center.
• Level I pediatric intensive care unit (highest ranking).
• Level IV neonatal intensive care unit (highest ranking).
• Primary medical safety net provider of women and children's and trauma services in central and southern West Virginia.
• The American Diabetes Association (ADA) has approved CAMC's ADA – Education Recognition Program for an additional four years – January 2014 to January 2018.
• The American Society for Health System Pharmacists Commission on Credentialing has approved continuing accreditation of CAMC's Geriatric Pharmacy Residency Program.
• The Children's Advocacy Center at CAMC Women and Children's Hospital received accreditation from the National Children's Alliance board of directors.
• The Cleft Center/First Appalachian Craniofacial Deformity Specialists (FACES) at CAMC has been recognized by the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA) as an accredited center for multi disciplinary care of children with cleft and craniofacial differences and is the only clinic with this designation in WV.