Marinara Sauce with Turkey Sausage
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
(Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
2 Italian Turkey Sausages, casings removed
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Brown the sausage in a skillet, breaking it apart with a spoon.
2. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a slow cooker.
3. In the skillet, brown the onion and garlic until softened. Add to the slow cooker, then stir in the tomatoes.
4. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 2 hours.
5. Stir in the seasonings and cook until the flavors are blended, about 1 more hour.
6. Serve over whole grain bowtie or penne pasta.
Makes 8 servings
Recipe courtesy of the Weight Loss Center
|Per 6 ounce serving: Calories: 130; Protein: 8 grams|