Baked Chicken Fingers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
(Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
2 ½ pounds Boneless chicken breasts
¼ cup Nonfat plain yogurt
¼ cup Water
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Ground black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 ½ cup Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch wide strips
3. Measure and combine the yogurt, water, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add chicken strips to yogurt mixture and toss together until chicken is well-coated.
5. Measure and put grated Parmesan and bread crumbs into a large plastic bag.
6. Lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
7. Add 3-4 chicken strips at a time to the plastic bag, seal bag, and shake the chicken inside the bag until it is well coated. Be sure to keep the bag sealed so the ingredients don’t fall out when shaken.
8. Place the chicken strips on the baking sheet about ½ inches apart, in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd.
9. Spray chicken strips with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Repeat steps 8 and 9 if you don’t have enough room on the baking sheet to cook all the chicken strips at one time.
10. Warm tomato sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, place in a small serving bowl and serve as a dipping sauce for the chicken fingers.
Courtesy of the Weight Loss Center
|Per servind: Calories 310; Total fat 7 grams; Saturated Fat 2.5 grams; Cholesterol 85 mg; Sodium 750 mg; Carbohydrate 24 gm; Protein 37 gm|