Crockpot Lean Beef Lasagna
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2.5 - 3 hours
(Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
Level of Difficulty: Average
1 pound Lean ground beef (4% fat)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ crushed red pepper
1 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
1 ½ cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
6 dry lasagna noodles, uncooked, shredded
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Brown beef, onion, and garlic in skillet -- break up meat as it cooks. Drain off any fat.
2. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and crushed red pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1/3 of the beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker.
4. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
5. Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
6. In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside till chesses melt and the lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes
Yields 8 one-cup servings.
Courtesy of the Weight Loss Center
|Calories: 350 calories, Protein: 28 grams|