Our physician works closely with your referring physician to ensure that you receive the best care possible. Please bring a copy of your insurance card and medication list to each visit. After your initial consultation, your physician will discuss your treatment plan. This treatment plan may include chemotherapy administration. An oncology nurse will discuss the plan with you, provide information about the treatment, and will assist the physician with the consent for treatment.
Chemotherapy/infusion therapy is provided here. A registered nurse will assist you and administer your medications for treatment. Please feel free to ask questions or voice any concerns at any time during your treatment.
What to expect when you arrive for treatment
- Prior to treatment, ask how long you will be here for treatment and plan meals accordingly. It is helpful to pack snacks and drinks.
- TVs are available in most rooms.
- For their safety, children are not allowed in the treatment area.
- One visitor per patient, please.
- The chemo nurse will ask for your medication list and will do a brief assessment upon arrival.
- You may need blood work or other labs collected.
- An IV (intravenous) site will be established.
- Pharmacy staff will prepare chemotherapy.
- Some medications that are given as pre-meds to chemotherapy can cause drowsiness. If you receive this medication, please make arrangements for someone to drive you home.
- You may require injections to stimulate blood cell growth.