When you’re living with pain in your hips or knees, everyday activities like walking, exercise and even rest can be difficult or nearly impossible. The Center for Joint Replacement provides a full range of services in total joint care, which leads to better outcomes and a faster recovery. Plus, CAMC’s quality is ranked among the best in the nation.* CAMC has been named one of the nation’s top performers in a project that rewards hospitals for delivering higher quality care in five clinical areas, including hip and knee replacement. This means our Center for Joint Replacement has a reputation for superior surgical techniques, excellent outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction.
Our physicians, nurses and therapists have developed a comprehensive, planned course of treatment, and our Joint Program Coordinator will guide you through every detail of the program, from pre-operative teaching to post-operative exercising.
The CAMC Center for Joint Replacement – where quality, technology and teamwork are joined at the hip.
Our program includes:
- Experienced, board-certified orthopedic surgeons; nurses; therapists and patient-care technicians who specialize in the care of joint patients.
- A full-time joint program coordinator who coordinates your care and guides you every step of the way.
- Education classes for patients and their families.
- Dedicated joint replacement units at both CAMC General and Memorial hospitals.
- Video presentations to help explain your procedure.
- A comprehensive patient guide for you to follow before surgery through recovery.
- A family member or friend who participates as a “coach” in the recovery process.
For more information call (304) 388-6490.
*The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration project