Charleston Area Medical Center’s vision is to be the Best Place to Receive Patient Centered Care. Adherence to the Visitor Code of Conduct supports this vision and provides an opportunity to enhance the care environment for patients, staff, providers, students, volunteers, and all visitors alike. Charleston Area Medical Center has a zero tolerance policy with visitors engaging in behavior that is disrespectful or that impedes the delivery of care.
The following rules have been established to support our healing environment. Please adhere to the following rules at all times:
- Do not visit if you are sick.
- Clean your hands each time you enter and leave the patient’s room.
- Follow isolation precautions that are posted on the patient’s door.
- Do not touch patient equipment, wounds, or bandages.
- Wear pants, shirt, and shoes at all times.
- Follow the visitation policy as established by the nursing staff in the department.
- Do not use the waiting area / bathroom on a unit unless you are visiting a patient. Waiting rooms are not for overnight stays.
- Children must be supervised by adults at all times.
- Do not use patient bathrooms. Public bathrooms are available throughout our facility.
- Respectful and appropriate behavior is expected at all times.
- Do not use rude or discriminating behavior toward individuals on CAMC campus.
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol and other contraband are prohibited.
- No use of tobacco products.
- No video/audio recording or photography without permission.
- Follow instructions given by the healthcare team.
- Please check with nurse prior to bringing items in to patients.
Failure to comply with the any rule of the Visitor Code of Conduct may result in removal from the premises without permission to return.
Staff, providers, patients, volunteers, students, and visitors are instructed to notify security if the Visitor Code of Conduct has been violated.
**Charleston Area Medical Center does not restrict or deny visitation based on any discriminatory criteria.**