Knowing your numbers – blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. – is vital to your heart health.*
Cardiac services at CAMC have been at the top of the field for decades.
Here’s a look at our numbers:
- One of the first heart program established on the East coast
- 10,000+ cardiac procedures annually
- 1,300 open heart operations
- 1,500 electrophysiology (EP) cases
- 8,500 heart catheterizations
- Largest number of cardiac physicians and surgeons in the region
- 32 private rooms in our state-of-the-art Heart and Vascular Center
- More than 900 years of combined experience of cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons
Knowing your numbers and knowing ours, where would you trust your heart?
*Normal values for the average adult are:
- total cholesterol less than 200
- LDL < 100
- HDL > 40 (men)
- HDL > 50 (women)
- blood pressure: top number less than 120; bottom number less than 80
- Body Mass Index (BMI) less than 30
If you think you are at risk, contact your physician.