CAMC has a clinic for monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19. Monoclonal antibodies are laboratory-made, and mimic natural antibodies to limit the amount of virus in your body.
Treatment with monoclonal antibodies may help patients who are at risk of developing severe COVID-19 or being hospitalized with the virus.
The treatment is a one-hour infusion followed by one hour of observation to watch for any allergic reaction.
Patients must have a physician's order for treatment - this can be obtained from a Primary Care Physician or from a virtual visit with 24/7 Care.
Criteria for treatment include:
- Positive COVID-19 test
- Within 10 days of symptom onset
- Patients over 65 years of age
- Patients with a BMI greater than 35
- Patients with diabetes over the age of 12
- Patients with COPD or heart disease over the age of 55
The clinic is at 3417 Virginia Ave, Charleston, and is open 7 days a week (including holidays) depending on patient need.
Contact email@example.com with questions.