Questions about Urgent Care
What is Urgent Care?
- Urgent care is a walk-in doctor's office.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Most insurance plans are accepted.
- No referrals are needed for most insurance plans.
- Lower co-pays compared to emergency room visits.
Who needs to go to an Urgent Care Center?
- Anyone with a minor illness or injury (non life-threatening) who needs to be seen urgently by a physician but can't get to their family physician.
- Anyone who can't see their family physician due to heavy scheduling, after hours, or holidays.
- Anyone who doesn't want to be at the end of the waiting list at the emergency room.
- Anyone who doesn't have a family physician.