CAMC Health System is consistently recognized for quality health care.
CAMC Health System is a 2015 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient, one of the most prestigious national awards for performance excellence. CAMC was one of only four recipients, the only health care winner and, the first and only organization in West Virginia to ever receive the honor. Learn more about the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
- The only hospital in WV to named one of the Best Hospitals in America by Healthgrades (2017 and 2018).
- The only hospital in WV to be awarded the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence five years in a row (2014-18) from Healthgrades. The award is given to hospitals performing in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide.
- CAMC General Hospital received the Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Bronze Award in 2018 for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer cardiac arrests in the hospital.
- CAMC received its third consecutive Get With The Guidelines – Stroke Quality Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association in 2016 for providing excellent stroke care when it earned the Gold Plus award, which is the highest level of recognition for treatment of patients with stroke.
- CAMC's Cancer Program was awarded a "3 Year with Commendation Approval Award" in May 2014 by The American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Specialty Care for bariatric surgery, spine surgery and maternity care.
- CAMC General Hospital is designated as a level 1 trauma center from the American College of Surgeons.
- The CAMC Weight Loss Center is recognized as a MBSAQIP- Accredited Comprehensive Center.
- The CAMC Breast Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. It was the first accredited breast center in the state.
- For the second year in a row, CAMC was named one the top performers in the CMS/Premier Healthcare Alliance Pay-for-Performance's Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration project that rewards hospitals for delivering higher quality care in five clinical areas. CAMC was rated third best of the participating hospitals and finished the third year in the second decile in the areas of hip and knee replacement, heart failure, open-heart surgery and heart attack and the fifth decile for pneumonia.
- General and Memorial hospitals received Primary Stroke Center Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare USA, Inc.
- Received continued accreditation status for internal medicine, medicine-pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology and vascular surgery residency programs. CAMC Institute is the only hospital-based provider of CME in West Virginia that is nationally accredited.
- 2016 recipient of Gold ADDY Award for CAMC Foundation Gala Invitation (American Advertising Federation of WV)
- 2017 recipient of Silver ADDY Award for CAMC Find-A-Doc TV campaign (American Advertising Federation of WV)
- 2017 recipient of Silver ADDY Award for CAMC Orthopedics – Fractures TV spot (American Advertising Federation of WV)
- 2018 recipient of Silver Telly Awards for CAMC Urology Services Pelvic Floor TV commercial and Neurosciences TV commercial
- 2018 recipient of Bronze Telly Award for CAMC Orthopedics – Fractures TV commercial