The Family Resource Center offers a wide variety of classes for those on the journey of parenthood. Whether you’re a first time parent or want to prepare your child for the birth of a sibling, we provide the knowledge and expertise to meet your expanding family’s needs.
- Great expectations – Comprehensive, four-week series childbirth preparation class that includes information on signs of preterm labor, stages of labor, breathing techniques, comfort measures, postpartum care, hospital tour and breastfeeding.
- Birth basics – Comprehensive, four- week series class focused on our population of clients who would benefit from free layette items. Class includes information on signs of preterm labor, stages of labor, breathing techniques, comfort measures, postpartum care, hospital tour and breastfeeding.
- Done-in-a-Day childbirth class – An abbreviated one-day class, usually held on Saturdays, that includes pre-term labor, stages of labor, pain control options and medical interventions. This class is designed for those who want a quick understanding of the birthing process.
- Online childbirth class - Can’t come to traditional childbirth class? Let us bring it to you. CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital also offers online childbirth classes. The class includes eight chapters covering pregnancy, labor, birth stories, comfort techniques, medical procedures, Cesarean, newborn and postpartum.
- Breastfeeding – Learn the benefits and basics of breastfeeding.
- Baby care basics – This interactive class focus on basic care of a newborn. Learn swaddling, diapering, safety and much more.
- Pediatric CPR – Infant and child CPR is different than CPR on an adult. This class will teach you lifesaving techniques.
- Sibling prep – This class helps big brothers and sisters ages 3 to 12 know what to expect when a new baby comes into the house.
- Hospital tour - A childbirth educator will guide a tour of Women and Children’s Hospital maternity areas. Expectant mothers will be familiarized with the triage process and view the labor and delivery unit. They will visit the private maternity suites and look in the newborn nursery.
Ready to get started? Register online now.
For questions about classes or other services offered at the FRC, email us at email@example.com or call (304) 388-2545.