Start your career today at West Virginia’s premier medical center
Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) is a nonprofit, 908-bed, regional referral center with nearly 7,000 employees. More than 700 physicians have admitting privileges at CAMC, which is also West Virginia's premier medical teaching facility, hosting, on any given day, more than 500 students in programs leading to degrees or certifications in health professions.
What type of nursing are you interested in? CAMC has a variety of nursing units to choose from: bariatrics, behavioral medicine, cardiac, cardiovascular, emergency department, endoscopy, gynecology, adult and pediatric intensive care, labor/delivery, medical rehabilitation, medical/surgical, mother/baby, neurological, adult and pediatric oncology, pre/post-op, pediatrics, post anesthesia care, orthopedics, renal, step-down, surgery, telemetry, trauma and vascular.
- Cancer program has been continuously accredited since 1947
- One of the top heart programs in the United States
- The only kidney transplant center in the state
- West Virginia’s only free-standing Women and Children’s Hospital
- The highest level newborn intensive care unit
- The highest level pediatric intensive care unit
- One of the busiest Level I Trauma Centers
Graduate nurse opportunities:
- CAMC is accepting applications for new graduate positions. Apply today or call (304) 388-3478 with questions.
Nurse residency program:
- CAMC’s new graduates (RNs with less than one year experience) will participate in the nurse residency program.
- The nurse residency program is six months in length and provides a smooth transition from entry-level novice to competent practitioner by ensuring the development of quality clinical skills imperative to patient safety, decision making and critical thinking.
Graduate nurse offers of employment may be made before graduation. New graduates must have passed the NCLEX and obtained their WV license before their employment start date.
For additional questions:
Employment Center: (304) 388-7458 or (800) 323-5157
Office hours: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Charleston Area Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.