Credentialing and Privileging
The primary function of the Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) Office of Medical Affairs is to perform medical staff and credentialing functions for all hospitals associated with CAMC, which includes General Hospital, Memorial Hospital, Teays Valley Hospital and Women and Children’s Hospital.
CAMC is comprised of over 1,000 providers from both employed, university and community practices. This includes:
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Midwives
- Physician Assistants
Information specified below is forwarded to Medical Staff Services personnel located at each facility to complete the credentialing and privilege reviews for membership and/or privileges. CAMC’s Office of Medical Affairs utilizes credentialing software to manage credentialing and privileging applications.
New Applicants: What You Should Know
If you are a new medical staff or advanced practice professional applicant, a credentialing specialist with CAMC will assist you with the credentialing application process.
Credentialing application steps:
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
- Requests are processed in 24 – 72 hours (e.g., 2 to 3 business days).
- After your request has been processed you will receive an e-mail with containing access information for completion of the application.
- Complete the application and upload supporting documents as outlined on the checklist provided with the application.
You will need the following documentation to complete the application:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume covering your work history for the last 10 years
- Copies of all current state professional licenses and a list of inactive licenses
- Copies of all current DEA registration certificates
- Copies of all current State Controlled Substance licenses
- Copies of all educational certificates (for physicians this includes medical school, residency, residency)
- Copies of certification certificates
- Copy of ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- Copy of Visa or work permit, if not a US citizen.
- Liability Insurance Certificate and names of any other insurance carriers during the last 10 years
- Color jpeg photo
- Proof of immunizations (Influenza and COVID-19)
Required education for privileges
Credentialing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Medical Staff Governing Documents (Coming Soon)