Our Approach to Cleft and Craniofacial Care
The CAMC Cleft and Craniofacial Center is the first Cleft Center in West Virginia recognized by the American Cleft Palate Association. It is comprised of specialist physicians, dentists and allied health providers committed to both young and older patients in need of comprehensive craniofacial management for congenital and acquired deformities.
The Center also serves as a resource for primary care providers in the evaluation and management of patients who may require a specialist's care.
Our team of specialists includes:
- Facial Surgeons
- Pediatric Dentists
- Speech & language therapists
- Pediatric Psychiatrists
- Social workers
Our specialists are committed to caring for patients that require a comprehensive team approach and are available during team visits or individual appointments.
Our Treatment Approach
Total pediatric facial services
- Cleft lip and palate with coordinated team care
- Custom helmet therapy for deformational plagiocephaly
- Surgical reconstruction for premature suture fusion “craniosynostosis”
- Craniofacial surgery
- Distraction osteogenesis “jaw lengthening”
- Birth marks, hemangiomas and vascular lesions
- Jaw growth disturbances and facial asymmetries
- Trauma and post-traumatic deformities
- Facial tumors, cysts and pathology
CAMC Cleft and Craniofacial Team
The CAMC Cleft and Craniofacial team consists of about a dozen health care providers who together give your child comprehensive and multidisciplinary care.