COVID-19 Update - December 31, 2021
Based on increased community infection transmission rates and increased numbers of COVID positive patients in CAMC’s facilities, the command center has decided to limit visitation starting Monday Jan 3, 2022.
- Inpatient units: One adult visitor will be permitted per patient per day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- ICUs: One adult visitor will be permitted per patient per day during ICU visiting hours. 11 a.m to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m to 7 p.m.
- Behavioral medicine: One adult visitor allowed from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- ERs: One adult may accompany a patient
- Outpatients and procedural areas: One adult may accompany a patient
- Labor/Delivery: One adult support person and one visitor are permitted during labor
- Mother/Baby: One adult support person and one visitor from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Visitors are not allowed to switch out with others.
- ER: Two parents/guardians may accompany the patient
- Pediatrics and PICU: One parent/guardian can stay bedside 24/7. A second parent/guardian may visit from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- NICU: Mother and father (support person) may visit together between the hours of 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. with the exception of 7 – 7:30 p.m. for shift change. While the mother is an inpatient, she and her support person may visit beyond the visiting hours until 7 a.m. the following day.
- Outpatients and procedural areas: Two parents/guardians may accompany the patient.
Siblings are not allowed
Visitation for COVID-19 positive or COVID-19 suspected patients may begin on the fifth day of hospitalization.
There are no visitation restrictions for end-of-life situations
- Visitors must wear an appropriate mask during their visit. Based on recently revised CDC guidance, cloth/homemade masks are not permitted to be worn by anyone at this time.
- Visitors should stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit and not roam around the hospital.
- Visitors should wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or apply hand sanitizer upon entry and departure from patient rooms and the facility.
Clergy are not considered to be a visitor.
CAMC Masking Policy
CAMC continues to require masks in ALL CAMC buildings (elevators, hallways, lobbies, waiting areas, common areas of nursing units, patient rooms, exam rooms, etc.) for the protection of patients and staff.
Skip the lines!
Automated Patient/Visitor Screening
CAMC is proud to announce a quicker way for you to get into its facilities. Patients and visitors may use complete part of the screening process before coming to CAMC. Simply use a code reader app or your smart phone’s camera to scan this code and answer the questions.
or by visiting this link.
When you get to CAMC, just show your phone to the greeters so they can verify you’ve completed the questions. They’ll take your temperature and you’re in! The entry code is valid up to 1 hour after you’ve completed the screening questions. This pre-screening questionnaire is optional. You may still wait in line and answer the screening questions in person if you prefer.