Visitation Restrictions and Information
Based on continued positive trends of a lower number of COVID positive patients in CAMC’s hospitals and lower community spread of COVID, the command center has decided to expand visitation. Beginning Monday Feb. 22, one adult visitor per inpatient per day is allowed from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
This includes inpatients and ERs at all CAMC hospitals: CAMC General Hospital, CAMC Memorial Hospital, CAMC Teays Valley Hospital and CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital.
- No visitors are allowed for COVID positive or COVID suspected patients.
- Visitors will be screened before being permitted to enter the hospital.
- Visitors must wear a mask or face/nose covering before entering the hospital and for the entire duration of their visit until they exit (cloth masks are acceptable).
- Visitors must provide their own mask.
- Visitors must not congregate in waiting room areas and have to maintain social distancing.
- Visitors should stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit and not roam around the hospital.
- Visitors should wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or apply hand sanitizer upon entry and departure from patient rooms and the facility.
Due to congestion in the emergency rooms, visitor restrictions remain in place in the ERs. If an essential caregiver is needed for assistance, only one person may accompany a patient into the emergency room and then will be asked to leave.
One person may accompany a patient to his/her outpatient, ambulatory and procedural visit.