CT Chest Low Dose Lung Screening - written orders for both initial and subsequent LDCT lung cancer screenings must contain the following information, which must also be appropriately documented in the beneficiary’s medical records: (this is for those with Medicare)
Shared Decision Making Tools
- Beneficiary date of birth;
- Actual pack - year smoking history (e.g. number written as 30 Pack Years or 30 PY);
- Current smoking status, and for former smokers, the number of years since quitting smoking;
- Statement that the beneficiary is asymptomatic (no signs or symptoms of lung cancer); and
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) of the ordering practitioner.
Website for CMS requirements