Charleston Area Medical Center is the largest hospital system in southern West Virginia, with four hospital campuses located in Charleston and Teays Valley. With more than 900 beds, 8,000 employees and nearly 700 physicians on its medical staff, CAMC provides the highest quality health care to a diverse patient population. We were also recently named one of Forbes’ Best-in-State Employers in West Virginia.
At CAMC, opportunities for our respiratory therapists span many specialties. From participating in all high-risk deliveries at CAMC Women and Children's Hospital to being an integral part of all hospital emergencies as part of our Emergency Medical Team, we offer a wide array of specialty areas.
Respiratory therapists at CAMC are an invaluable asset to our hospital and our patients. We understand the critical role RTs play in our health system and we are committed to creating an environment in which they can grow professionally, personally and maintain a satisfying work/life balance. We offer a collaborative and exciting work environment in a wide range of specialties.
CAMC is proud to offer our respiratory therapists:
• Premium pay and benefits
• Flexible scheduling options
• Opportunities for advancement
• Clinical laddering opportunities
• Sign-on bonus (up to $10,000 for a two-year work commitment)
• Annual merit raises
• One year subscription for up to 100 AARC-approved CEUs
Take your place among the best. Join our team of extraordinary respiratory therapists.
• Associate's Degree Required
• Bachelor's Degree
*CAMC is proud to provide assistance in acquiring your bachelor's degree once you have your associate's degree.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
• Licensed Respiratory Therapist Certified (Minimal requirement)
• Licensed Respiratory Therapist Registered (Required during first year of employment)