CAMC Health System
Like CAMC Health System on Facebook to get the latest CAMC news, health tips and stories about our employees and our community. You can also connect with us on our other pages:
Follow CAMC Health System (@CAMCHealth) on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news about services, technology and patient care at CAMC. We also share interesting news and tips from other health-related organizations to keep you informed and educated with today’s health care landscape.
Follow CAMC Health System (@CAMCHealth) on Instagram to learn more about the personal side of CAMC, along with pertinent information regarding our services and day-to-day operations.
Nothing tells a story like video. Check out the CAMC Health System YouTube channel for videos about the latest technologies we’re using, patient and employee stories and behind-the-scenes views into different hospital departments.
Visit the CAMC Health System LinkedIn page.
CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine
The CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine is committed to a mission of education and the training of health care providers, hosting hundreds of students each year in various clinical learning experiences. The Institute is a national provider of continuing medical education and health sciences continuing education in many health disciplines. The Institute research departments conduct, sponsor and support over 300 clinical trials, multi-center trials and clinical and effectiveness research initiatives annually in a variety of specialty areas.
Like CAMC Medicine on Facebook to get the latest information on our ongoing clinical trials, our upcoming continuing education conferences and events, and a glimpse into the life of our residents and fellows practicing here at CAMC.
Follow our CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine (@CAMCMedicineGME) Twitter account for up-to-the-minute information on our graduate medical education departments. We share information on what life looks like for our residents and fellows, virtual open houses to get to know our various programs and staff, and highlights of the latest news and technology at CAMC.
Follow CAMC Graduate Med Education (@CAMCMedicineGME) on Instagram for a closer look at our graduate medical education programs, our staff and the residents/fellows who practice at CAMC. We also highlight what makes living in Charleston and West Virginia so wild and wonderful!
Social Media Content Policy
BY POSTING ON A SOCIAL MEDIA SITE HOSTED BY AN AFFILIATE OF THE CAMC HEALTH SYSTEM, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS:
"CAMCHS" refers collectively and individually to the various corporations that constitute CAMC Health System including but not limited to: CAMC Health System, Inc.; Charleston Area Medical Center, Inc.; CAMC Health Education and Research Institute, Inc.; CAMC Teays Valley Hospital, Inc.; Charleston Area Medical Center Foundation, Inc.; and Integrated Health Care Providers, Inc.
"Employee" means an employee of any corporation of CAMC Health System.
"Content" includes but is not limited to postings, notes and comments and/or videos and photographs.
1. If you are a CAMCHS employee you must adhere to the Employee Electronic Communication Policy posted on the CAMCHS Intranet site.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any CAMCHS Social Media Site.
3. You are prohibited from posting any content that is protected health information including patient images on any CAMCHS Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the CAMCHS Social Media Site to provide medical advice. A complaint posted via a CAMCHS Social Media Site does not constitute a formal complaint to CAMCHS or other health care authorities. For information about making a formal complaint, visit camc.org
4. As a guest posting content to any CAMCHS Social Media Site on the Internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any content (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in CAMCHS’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any content (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any content (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non CAMCHS services or products), promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation; transmit any content (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
5. CAMCHS reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any CAMCHS Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. CAMCHS may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in CAMCHS’s sole discretion. You understand and agree that CAMCHS may disclose your communications and activities with CAMCHS in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of CAMCHS rights. You agree that in the event that CAMCHS exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, CAMCHS will have no liability to you.
6. By posting any content on any CAMCHS Social Media Site, you grant to CAMCHS the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any CAMCHS purpose.
7. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold CAMCHS and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a CAMCHS Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
8. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. CAMCHS DOES NOT CONTROL THE THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT AND, THEREFORE, CAMCHS DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION. WHEN POSTING ANY CONTENT ON AN INTERNET SITE, YOU SHOULD THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR OWN PRIVACY IN DISCLOSING DETAILED OR PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. FURTHERMORE, CAMCHS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE CAMCHS SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
9. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a CAMCHS Social Media Site on the Internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of West Virginia without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Kanawha County, West Virginia.
10. You may not provide any content to a CAMCHS Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the CAMCHS Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the CAMCHS Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
11. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A CAMCHS SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, CAMCHS suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.