Our Honors and Accreditations
CAMC Health System is a 2015 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient, one of the most prestigious national awards for performance excellence. CAMC was one of only four recipients, the only health care winner and, the first and only organization in West Virginia to ever receive the honor.
More Awards and Recognitions
- CAMC was named on the annual Forbes list of “America’s Best-in-State Employers 2021.” The America’s Best-in-State Employers listing is based on an independent survey from a vast sample of more than 80,000 U.S. employees working for companies employing at least 500 people in their U.S. operations. Employees were asked about topics such as working conditions, salary, potential for development and company image.
- CAMC has earned the 2021 College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) Digital Health Most Wired recognition as a certified level eight.
- eHealthcare Leadership has recognized CAMC for “Best Overall Internet.” CAMC was honored with a Platinum Award in the category of hospitals with 400+ beds besting out more than 1,000 others.
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance has recognized CAMC Primary Care Nitro, CAMC Primary Care Teays Valley, CAMC Primary Care Winfield, the Employee Wellness Center and Family Medicine Center as part of its Patient-Centered Medical Home program.
- CAMC is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV Healthcare USA, Inc.
- CAMC is recognized by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia as the state’s only Blue Distinction® Center+ for Bariatric Surgery.
- The CAMC Weight Loss Center is nationally accredited by The American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program as a Comprehensive Center with Adolescent Care.
- CAMC is recognized by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia with a Blue Distinction® Centers (BDC) for Maternity Care designation.
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia has selected CAMC as a Blue Distinction Center® for Knee and Hip Replacement, part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program.
- CAMC has been awarded a Health System Adoption Forum Award from Teladoc Health for excellence in advancing patient care through telemedicine using its 24/7 Care app.
- CAMC is accredited as Centers of Excellence in Robotic Surgery and Urology by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- CAMC is accredited as West Virginia's first Center of Excellence in Continence Care for Women by Surgical Review Corporation.
- The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) named CAMC one of HealthCare’s 2019 Most Wired. The award recognizes CAMC for deploying technologies and strategies to help it analyze data and achieve meaningful clinical and efficiency outcomes.
- CAMC's Cancer Program was awarded a "3 Year with Commendation Approval Award" in 2021 by The American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- CAMC General Hospital is designated as a Level 1 Trauma Center from the American College of Surgeons.
- The CAMC Weight Loss Center is recognized as a MBSAQIP- Accredited Comprehensive Center.
- The CAMC Breast Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. It was the first accredited breast center in the state.
- For the second year in a row, CAMC was named one the top performers in the CMS/Premier Healthcare Alliance Pay-for-Performance's Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration project that rewards hospitals for delivering higher quality care in five clinical areas. CAMC was rated third best of the participating hospitals and finished the third year in the second decile in the areas of hip and knee replacement, heart failure, open-heart surgery and heart attack and the fifth decile for pneumonia.
- CAMC received continued accreditation status for internal medicine, medicine-pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology and vascular surgery residency programs. CAMC Institute is the only hospital-based provider of CME in West Virginia that is nationally accredited.