Our Honors and Accreditations
CAMC Health System is a 2015 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient, one of the most prestigious national awards for performance excellence. CAMC was one of only four recipients, the only health care winner and, the first and only organization in West Virginia to ever receive the honor.
CAMC is proud to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News and World Report.
More Awards and Recognitions
- Nationally-recognized Heart and Vascular Center
- The largest Cancer Center in West Virginia, accredited by QOPI and the Commission on Cancer
- National Centers of Excellence in Robotic Surgery and Urology
- Nationally-accredited Weight Loss Center for adult and adolescent bariatric surgery
- Blue Distinction Center+ Designation for Bariatric Surgery
- Blue Distinction Center Designation for Maternity Care
- Blue Distinction Center Designation for Quality in Knee and Hip Replacement Surgeries
- 2023 4-Star Excellence Awards by Professional Research Consultants, Inc. for Nursing Care at CAMC Teays Valley Hospital and Overall Quality of Care at Women and Children’s Hospital Emergency Department.
- CAMC labs accredited by the College of American Pathologists
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus and Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll awards from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Recognized as West Virginia’s first Center of Excellence for Continence Care for Women
- Recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News and World Report (2022-23)
- Recognized by Forbes Magazine’s Best-in-State Employers (2019-22)
- Recognized with a 2021 Premier QUEST Hero Award.
- CAMC is the only company in West Virginia and one of only 28 hospitals nationwide to have won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
- All of CAMC's graduate medical education programs are accredited
- Certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV-GL
- Center of Excellence in Urology by Surgical Review Corporation
- Center of Excellence in Continence Care for Women by Surgical Review Corporation
- TAVR certification by the American College of Cardiology
- HeartFlow CT Quality Award
- Cardiac Cath Lab accredited and certified as a Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology
- Medical Rehabilitation Center accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities