At the CAMC Family Resource Center we understand life can be complicated. That's why we're here to help you with issues that hit close to home. Our staff is trained to help you deal with a variety of issues and concerns, from family and marital counseling to anxiety/depression or substance abuse issues.
In addition to our counseling services, we offer many face-to-face childbirth education classes, as well as online versions of our childbirth, baby care basics and breastfeeding classes. Registration information is below.
For questions about appointments, classes or other services offered at the FRC, email us at email@example.com or call (304) 388-2545.
Our services include:
- Counseling for children, adolescents and adults
- Psychiatric evaluations/medical interventions
- Counseling that deals with family issues such as:
- Parenting different ages and stages
- Women's health issues
- Grief and loss
- Stress management
- Substance use disorders
Journey to Parenthood
Due to the current Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation, we will be temporarily suspending all in-person classes offered at the CAMC Family Resource Center for the health and safety of our participants and staff. For those who have already signed up for classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember many online classes are available. We will be reassessing the situation on April 1 and will make a determination about reopening classes at that time.
- Childbirth preparation (also available online!)
- Great Expectations
- Baby Care Basics (also available online!)
- Breastfeeding (also available online!)
- Family and Friends Infant and Child CPR
- Sibling Preparation
- Safe Sitter
- NEW! Infant and Child Safety (available online!)
Delivering at CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital? We offer a free tour of our maternity area; however, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are suspending tours for the health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors. We invite you to check out this video for a virtual tour of our Labor & Delivery and Mother/Baby areas.
As part of your delivery at Women and Children’s, you’ll have access to:
- Private rooms for labor and delivery, as well as recovery
- Specially-designed rooms equipped with special features and equipment to aid in laboring, including low lighting and high-tech birthing beds that adjust for your comfort and special rooms with bath for hydrotherapy if desired
- Dedicated operating rooms for special procedures and Cesarean deliveries
- TV with access to educational videos to help you learn more about breastfeeding, newborn care and more
- Little comforts for your baby including sleep sacks for safe sleeping and baby warmers to keep baby comfortable when measurements are taken
- Newborn nursery where baby will be taken for assessments and bathing
- Extensive security precautions for the safety of you and your baby
- Policies that promote rooming in with your baby, breastfeeding with access to a lactation specialist, and having a support person present
- Special visitation rooms for parents to visit with baby if baby needs to remain in hospital past mother’s discharge
- Level IV (highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) if necessary
For more information, please call Mandy Scragg at (304) 388-1596.
- Compassionate Friends - support group for families dealing with the loss of a child
- Pregnancy Loss support group - meets the 3rd Monday of each month, 6-7:30 p.m. at the CAMC Cancer Center multipurpose room.
For more information about our programs, call (304) 388-2545.
800 Pennsylvania Ave.
Charleston, WV 25302
Map to the Family Resource Center