Our Approach to Lung Cancer Screening
Our program provides a team approach with dedicated radiologists and nurse navigators, education on lung cancer screening and smoking cessation options.
A physician’s order is required for screening. Patients who meet the screening criteria will receive a low-dose radiation CT, and results will be provided to the patient’s ordering physician.
Am I a Candidate for Lung Cancer Screening?
You may be eligible for the low-cost screening program if you:
- Are between the ages of 50 and 77
- Have a smoking history equivalent to:
- Smoking one pack per day or more for 30 years
- Smoking two packs per day for 15 years
- Current or ex-smoker who has quit within the last 15 years
- Are not showing any signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- Have additional risk factors, such as occupational exposures, a personal or family history of lung cancer or prior radiation therapy in the chest area