At Charleston Area Medical Center, nurses play a vital role in delivering award-winning care to patients with a steadfast commitment to quality and safety. From the emergency room to the recovery room, from the first breath of life to the last, nurses are the reason fears are calmed, hope is restored and lives are saved.
We know that quality health care is only possible with quality nurses. This means creating a culture driven by opportunity, collaboration and nursing excellence. Whether you are new to nursing or new to CAMC, we invite you to consider a career with us.
Looking for a New Nursing Career?
At Charleston Area Medical Center, we know it takes an exceptional person to be a nurse because nursing is not just a job, it’s a calling. Our goal is to create an environment where nurses are given the opportunities and support they need to thrive.
As one of the best hospitals in the country, we’re proud to offer our nurses:
- Competitive pay
- Premium benefits
- Flexible scheduling options
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Innovative nurse residency program
Considering Nursing as a Career?
We’re investing in the future of health care by offering students who are interested in a nursing career the financial and professional resources to reach their goals.
The reasons for becoming a nurse are as diverse as the people who choose to make it their career. CAMC wants to be the reason you thrive in one of the most exciting, in-demand and rewarding careers available.
- We'll pay for your education.
- You are guaranteed a job when you graduate (with great benefits!)
- You'll be part of one of the best health care systems in the country.
- Exceptional nursing education assistance program.
- Innovative nurse residency program to help you transition into your new career after you graduate.
- Financial assistance available to continue your education.
- Variety of clinical specialty areas.
- Unique opportunities for career advancement in the ever-expanding world of health care.
- Supportive and educational nursing environment with accomplished mentors.
To get started on a path to a nursing career, contact the CAMC Employment Center.
Graduate Nurse Opportunities
CAMC is accepting applications for new graduate positions. Become part of CAMC’s Nurse Residency Program! Apply today or call (304) 388-6005 with questions.
Graduate nurse offers of employment may be made before graduation. New graduates must have obtained their WV Temporary License before their employment start date.
Nurse Extern opportunities
Become part of CAMC’s Nurse Extern Program! Apply today or call (304) 388-3478 for details.
Nurse Externs must currently be enrolled in a nursing program and will be required to submit verification.