CAMC’s Junior Nursing Academy exposes students to a wide variety of nursing specialties, while learning basic nursing skills in a simulated environment. Students also have the opportunity to achieve a certificate of completion in a Stop the Bleed Course and become a BLS Provider through the American Heart Association successfully completing CPR and AED Programs.
CAMC Employee Dependents will be considered and given priority for the first 20 seats and program participants will be admitted on a first come/first serve basis as long as they meet all program guidelines and successfully complete and return all required paperwork.
There are only 40 students admitted to the CAMC Junior Nurse Academy course. Past program participants will not be given priority to be admitted in an effort to extend the learning base to more students in the community interested in a nursing career.
Application and Program Dates:
- Next Application Dates: March 1 - April 2, 2023
- Junior Nursing Academy Program Dates: June 14th, 15th and 16th 2023
- Sign up now!
Requirements to participate include:
- Student must have at least a 2.5 current overall GPA
- The program is designed for students in 8th-12th grade. You must be at minimum a current middle school student who has completed 7th grade and going into 8th grade by the Fall 2023 school year.
- You must submit a brief summary (300 word limit) that explains your personal interest in the nursing profession and why attending the CAMC Junior Nursing Academy is important to you.
- You must be able to provide up to date vaccination records.
*Please be advised, if selected for the program, please anticipate a packet to be completed and returned promptly to verify information in this application in addition to parental consent when under 18 years of age.
WATCH: Videos past Junior and Senior Nursing Academies
Junior Nursing Academy Photo Slideshow
Junior Nursing Academy Interview Video
Senior Nursing Academy Photo Slideshow
Senior Nursing Academy Interview Video
2019 Jr. Nursing Academy(Students in-action video)
2019 Jr. Nursing Academy(Student interviews video)
2021 Jr. Nursing Academy (Student in action video)